Interac © e-Transfer Send and receive cash online or through your mobile phone
Interac e-Transfer is a simple, convenient, and secure way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to mobile or Home Banking through the Police Credit Union and you can send money to anyone with an e-mail address or mobile phone number and an account with a financial institution in Canada - without sharing any personal or financial information. It's a great alternative to cheques and cash. And it’s FAST!
Some of the features:
- Send and receive money directly from and to your existing chequing or savings account
- To send an Interac e-Transfer, all you need is the recipient's e-mail address or mobile phone number
- Never share personal or financial information with the people you send money to: keep your address, phone number and account information private
- The security question protects your transfer from being deposited by unintended recipients
- No need to setup new accounts, user ID or passwords - you're already in mobile or Home Banking
- When using the Home Banking method, login and choose "Transfers" on the top menu. Then select your transaction type from the menu on the left side of the screen.
Tracking your transfer
As a sender - Interac e-Transfer confirmation numbers are saved in your Home Banking history. In addition, you will receive an e-mail notification and/or text message once the intended recipient has accepted the transfer.
As a recipient - You will receive an e-mail notification and/or text message when the transfer is sent, indicating the amount as well as instructions for depositing it.
Depositing your transfer
You can deposit your transfer by clicking on the link contained in the text message or e-mail notification, and you will be directed to the login screen on your computer or mobile device. There is a transfer fee when sending money through Interac e-Transfer.