STUDENT PLUS ACCOUNT
For members age 18 years and older who are enrolled in a full-time diploma or degree program at a recognized Canadian postsecondary institution. This account helps young adults control their money and work toward financial independence. We are taking care of our own by offering:
- A $25 signing bonus when you open a Student Plus account
- Free Point of Sale (POS) transactions from a chequing account
- Free ATM deposits and withdrawals through THE EXCHANGE® Network and Police Credit Union machines
- Free Smartphone apps to find the nearest EXCHANGE ATM from over 2,400 across Canada
- Free online banking for all of your financial requirements, including bill payments
- Free paperless statements are eco-friendly
- Free mobile banking means 24-hour access to your balances anytime, anywhere
- Free incoming email money transfers through Interac e-Transfer are the fastest way to receive money on time
- Earn more money on a savings account - interest is calculated daily at the higher REWARDS rate
- No-fee Student MasterCard* available
- Free “round it up” savings with every POS transaction (optional) - helps you save money every time you use your Member Card
And there are NO monthly package fees and NO minimum monthly balance requirements.
See the following for more information
STUDENT LINE OF CREDIT
When heading off to college or university, your focus should be on your studies, not your finances. Turn to your Credit Union first when seeking a student loan. With competitive rates and easy repayment plans, it's sure to make the grade.
Student must be a Canadian citizen, 18 years of age or older, and enrolled in a full-time degree or diploma program at a recognized postsecondary institution in Canada. Loan approval* requires a qualified borrower (co-signer) such as parents or guardian.
Student To Provide:
- An estimate of education costs such as tuition and accommodation
- A list of financial resources available to handle those expenses
- Confirmation of enrollment in a recognized Canadian postsecondary institution
Line of Credit Details:
- Loan amounts range from $5,000 to $10,000 per year with a lifetime maximum of $40,000
- Funds can be accessed by ATM, Interac e-Transfer money transfer, or cheques on account
- While you're enrolled as a full-time student, interest-only payments are required each month
- Repayment will begin one year after graduation or course completion
- The line of credit is not accessible after graduation or course completion
- If a longer amortization period is required, the line of credit can be converted to a fixed rate loan one year after graduation or course completion
- The co-signer(s) remains on the loan or line of credit until it is fully repaid
- All or part of the loan may be paid at any time without penalty
It’s easy to apply! Talk to one of our Member Service Officers today. Just call or come into your nearest branch.
*Available on approved credit (OAC)