The Police Credit Union Privacy Statement
In order to protect our members’ right to have confidential information remain private and to comply with recent legislation, your Credit Union developed a Privacy Statement which reads:
The Police Credit Union holds personal information about members to help us meet and maintain the highest standards of financial service. This information can include your name, address, age, income, use of accounts and credit history, as well as the relationship of others linked to you in account services.
With your consent, we only collect what we absolutely need for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and to develop, offer and manage products and services that meet those needs;
- To determine the suitability and your eligibility for member products and services;
- To evaluate your credit standing and to share or exchange reports and information with credit reporting agencies;
- To detect and prevent fraud, and to help safeguard the financial interests of the Credit Union and its members; and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We may collect personal information for other purposes where we have a legal duty or right to do so.
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our completed Privacy Code available here. By using our services, you acknowledge and agree to our Privacy Code.
This statement and Code is effective May 2022 and may be changed from time to time. Please check back regularly for any changes as you confirm your agreement with the Satement and Code through your continued use of our services.
If you have any questions about the Police Credit Union’s Privacy Statement, Code, or about your personal information, please call 1-800-561-2557. For general information, visit the Government website at www.priv.gc.ca.